Account Managers are everywhere, from the top to bottom of a company’s organizational structure. What’s more, they’re present in virtually every industry, from think tanks and tech to banking and advertising.
But what exactly does an Account Manager do? What skills do you need in order to become one? How do you get started? What kind of salary levels can you expect? And what kind of career path does this type of opportunity provide?
Simply put, an Account Manager is tasked with the job of generating new business, while maintaining existing client relationships. Account Managers act as liaisons between the companies they work for and their clients.
Serving as the ‘face’ of a company, an Account Manager must know how to build and maintain healthy client relationships. To be successful, you need to be a people person and someone who doesn’t just talk, but can effectively listen as well.
An Account Manager’s duties include:
- Working regularly with candidates to educate them about the job search process
- Working with recruiting teams and clients to develop workforce management and recruitment strategies
- Opening new client accounts , as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships
- Acting as a repository of information about client industries
- Being a reliable business resource
At Queen Consulting Group, our Account Managers sell our contract and staffing services, highlighting the benefits of our services and how we can become a valuable asset to organizational growth and efficiency.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Superb organizational skills, as well as the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Willing to talk to new people in person and on the phone
We are open to both seasoned industry professionals as well as entry-level candidates with no prior industry experience.
The most successful Account Managers possess a competitive nature and a strong drive to succeed. Additionally, these individuals are hardworking, disciplined, and possess a willingness to build a successful career over the long term.
- Intimate knowledge of the IT industry
- Sales experience of at least 1 to 3 years
- Existing connections in the Boston area
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would LOVE to hear from you! You can also check out our other available positions on our job board.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Queen Consulting Group is a fast-growing recruitment services company providing IT recruiting services to the healthcare, insurance, financial, academia and retail industries. Call us today at 617.723.5500 to learn more!