Are you an experienced Java Application Development Manager looking for a new challenge? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to share with you.
Queen Consulting Group is actively seeking a Java Application Development Manager. In this position, you will manage an established and growing team of Java developers, analysts and support engineers to deliver and support web and mobile solutions. You will bring your technology expertise, we will supplement with domain knowledge and together we will build the next generation digital solutions. You will partner very closely with Product Management, PMO, Production Operations, and QA teams to prioritize and build new features and enhance and maintain existing applications.
- Supervise team of Java developers and analysts
- Provide mentorship and guidance to direct reports (hands-on, when needed)
- Manage day-to-day operations of the team and systems
- Assist with talent recruitment, interviewing, onboarding and performance evaluation
- Actively participate and supervise creation of Architecture and Design artifacts
- Actively participate and supervise code quality, design and code reviews
- Responsible for managing break/fix process & incident management for portfolio of Digital Solutions
- Assist with planning of development activities and provide inputs for project plan, where appropriate
- Assist with scrums, backlog grooming, sprint planning, estimation, as required
- Manage projects and assume ownership of solution delivery
- Manage routine maintenance & system administration activities including version upgrades, availability monitoring, metrics reporting
- Other duties, responsibilities assigned as necessary
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Application Development staff.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
Experience and Required Skills:
- Overall 10 years’ experience in web application development
- 3+ years’ experience managing a software development team, experience managing globally distributed team would be a plus
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology, Scrum Master Experience preferred
- Prior hands-on experience with Java Full-Stack Development (Database, Web Development, Web Services, API Development). Technologies: Java, J2EE, Spring, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS, Angular, jQuery
- Prior experience with Portlet Servers and Portlet specifications would be greatly beneficial
- Experience with JIRA
- Knowledge and experience developing Mobile Applications.
- Knowledge of Networking concepts including load balancing, DNS
- Knowledge of DevOps practices: Continuous Integration, Test Automation
- Understanding of Incident & Change Management Processes
- Strong verbal / written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including business process modeling, system requirements analysis
- Strong customer service aptitude and ability to interact & service advanced as well as inexperienced users
If this opportunity sounds like it was tailor-made for you, the recruiters at Queen Consulting Group want to hear from you. Don’t wait – this job won’t last. In order to be considered, you can apply today using our online form. Please note that applicants must use the online form or call us at 617.723.5500. Commenting on this post below will not generate an application.
Queen Consulting Group in Boston is a rapidly growing recruitment services company providing IT recruiting services to the healthcare, insurance, financial, academia and retail industries, and talented job seekers in these fields. We look forward to helping you take the next step in your career.